Monday, October 20, 2008

Palin on SNL

So, what did you all think? (I'm always assuming that I have a huge following!)

I thought that having Palin on SNL didn't really add anything. It just made the show kinda awkward, for her. Sure, she seemed to have a good sense of humor about it, but the whole show was about her being made fun of by other folks on the show. It was like the writers, Tina Fey, the cast, Lorne Michaels and even Alec Baldwin were in on the joke, and she was on the sideline watching. Usually when people come on the show, they make fun of themselves. Not this time.

Even during the Weekend Update rap by Amy Poehler, they made fun of everything that Palin has come to stand for: an inexperienced gun-toting Alaskan dimwit with a nimrod for a husband!

Don't get me wrong, it was freakin hilarious! But, I'm sorry Sarah, the joke's on you! You're not in on it.. you're it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, you should probably move to the 'Real America' to get what Palin is all about! :)

The SNL skit was hilarious - I agree the joke is totally on her, but her lame attempt to court the undecideds and the charm offensive against the damage Tina Fey's already done to her had no impact at the end of the day. I thought the moment where Palin passes Fey near the podium was priceless. The bit with Alec Baldwin was also not bad. Poehler's rap was funny but I had to read transcripts to get all the jokes - I was distracted by Palin attempting to dance. Now THAT was super lame! But funny. Ha ha!