Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sports over the weekend? Meh

There were some sporting events that I was looking forward to! College Football and NFL games on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, the University of Washington Huskies were playing against the No.3 team in the country, the Oklahoma Sooners. I knew it wasn't going to be pretty, but it was downright ugly. I have no idea why I follow Husky sports, I'm not an alumnus or anything, but I guess they're the local college team and it would be cool to see them do well. Saturday, they didn't do well. They did awful.

But, on Sunday, my beloved Seahawks were playing. And they were going to take down a lower quality division opponent in the San Francisco 49ers. Or at least that's what i was hoping for. When the score became 14-0 in the first quarter, I thought it was going to be a GREAT game! But.. to make a long story short, the 'Hawks lost in overtime, 33-30. I know there are a lot of injuries to the receivers, and we had another one yesterday on the first couple of plays in the game, but that's not an excuse. I would have to say that all aspects of the 'Hawks played well, except the secondary. The cornerbacks and safeties were GAWDAWFUL. I'm not going to get into it now, but the season is looking to be slipping away from us, which would complete the cycle of misery for sports fans up here in Western Washington.

No comments: